Work with us
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- £56,665 - £69,168
- Today at 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the HEE National Learning Disabilities Programme as the Learning Disabilities Programme Manager. This is a key leadership role within the HEE Education and Quality Directorate and will have corporate responsibility for leading and managing the successful delivery of the HEE Learning Disability Programme The postholder will work with colleagues across the health and care system to ensure that the HEE Mandate, the cross system Transforming Care for People with a Learning Disability, Framework 15 and Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future are delivered and that work is delivered and aligned to these and future national strategy and direction as well as responsive to system demands and needs.
Main aspects of this role include, but not limited to:
- Build and maintain good working relationships with a broad range of internal and external senior stakeholders on a range of business sensitive issues working across national directorates, LETBs, STPs, Transforming Care Partnerships,Department of Health, Department of Health & Social Care, NHS England, Royal Colleges, Regulators, other ALBs, Skills for Health, Skills for Care and others.
- Represent the organisation in sensitive and political situations, delivering difficult messages where required to high-level audiences
- Transfer expertise and knowledge as appropriate, regarding effective programme management throughout the team and also externally to Directors and lead providers – including developing and delivering formal briefing/training to promote innovation
- Work in a matrix management style and to foster close working relations with managers within and outside of the organisation
- Manage, motivate and develop staff within the team to ensure that they are able to deliver the new responsibilities of HEE
- Recruit as necessary and performance manage the staff to deliver a range of tasks within a matrix structure in a new and challenging environment
- Develop/implement plans for the delivery of the role’s responsibilities including identifying interdependencies, managing risks, modelling the potential impacts on the wider organisation, determining resource requirements and building in contingency where necessary
- Deputise for line manager and Learning Disability SRO at internal and external meetings relating to lead projects and workstreams as required and as appropriate to experience.
- Managing a significant budget and x6 staff
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lynne Hall email@example.com