Work with us
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- Vantage Office Park, Bristol
- £22,158 - £28,746 per annum
- 26/04/2018 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
Health Education England’s vision is that everyone associated with health care will be committed to a lifetime of professional development, be proud of the care they provide, support and challenge one another and strive for ever-increasing standards of patient-centred care.
HEE supports the delivery of high quality care for patients and high quality public health services by ensuring that the health workforce has the right skills, behaviours and training, and that health care staff are available in the right numbers to meet the needs of the public. It takes on leadership and oversight of healthcare workforce planning and will also be responsible for supporting and authorising Local Education and Training boards. HEE will maintain an effective system for professional education and training as part of a comprehensive health service.
About the role
Job Title - Professional Development Officer
Grade – Band 5
Contract – Permanent
Base - Bristol
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Health Education England (HEE) Professional Development Unit.
The team are responsible for the coordination of postgraduate medical and dental education and training. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to provide project support for HEE to the junior doctors and dentists training throughout the region.
The post-holder be part of a small team who will work closely with clinical faculty (e.g. Heads of Schools, Training Programme Directors), Trust admin support, Lead Employer organisation and other external stakeholders to support doctors in training accessing the educational support they require to meet their curriculum requirements.
As the Professional Development Officer your duties will include:
• Providing high quality administrative and project support including coordinating the Study Leave administrator function.
• The post holder will undertake reporting and analysis of information to support delivery of programmes.
• The post holder is a key member of the team whose overarching goal is to enable, promote and support the effective running of the secretariat which includes collation of data, financial and project information to improve, inform and support a portfolio of projects, services, and initiatives.
• The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01823 361149