Work with us
- IT Support
- NHS TCS 2018: Band 3 Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship (up to 15 months)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Park House, Bristol
- £17,460 per annum
- 25/11/2018 23:59
Health Education England is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role; through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from discrimination. Health Education England supports the values and pledges of the NHS Constitution.
We are committed to being a diverse and an inclusive employer and will build a culture where all employees are valued, respected and acknowledged. We strive to ensure that no individual receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, colour, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status, HIV status, social background, trade union membership or non-membership and is placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Health Education England (HEE) provides national leadership & co-ordination for the education and training of the health & public health workforce in England.
HEE’s core functions include:
- ensuring that the workforce has the right skills, behaviours, training and is available in the right numbers to support the delivery of excellent healthcare and drive improvements.
- supporting healthcare providers and clinicians to take greater responsibility for planning & commissioning education and training through the development of Local Education and Training Boards.
- ensuring that the shape and skills of the health and public health workforce evolve with demographic and technological change.
Our vision is that everyone associated with health care will be committed to a lifetime of professional development, be proud of the care they support and provide and strive for ever-increasing standards of patient-centered care.
About the role:
This is a new exciting opportunity based in our Bristol office for the post holder to obtain recognised IT certification with Microsoft, Cisco or other vendors. Valuable experience will be gained in the latest network, cloud, virtual and OS technologies. The post-holder will provide IT support for users throughout the South of England, offices include Crawley, Bristol, Oxford, Plymouth, Taunton, and Winchester.
The post holder will need to demonstrate knowledge / experience of supporting IT systems and users in Windows 7/10 environment. Familiarity of supporting desktops and laptops, Windows operation systems, networking fundamentals, using remote support tools and other requirements as per the person specification.
This role will include workplace mentoring and block release classroom study with QA Apprenticeships, leading to an industry recognised qualification/certification upon completion of studies and undertaking applicable exams. Available courses include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A-level educational level)
- MTA* - Networking Fundamentals
- MTA - Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA - Cloud Fundamentals
- MCP** - Administering and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
- Choice of two Microsoft on Demand courses (one in part 1 and one in part 2)
- Higher Apprenticeship Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study)
* Microsoft Technology Associate
** Microsoft Certified Professional
More information on courses can be found on the QA Apprenticeships
- Manages the installation of data centre equipment and upgrades to operating environments; ensures redundant equipment is safely decommissioned (etc)
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact Ian.Jordan@hee.nhs.uk for further information.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01823 361149