Work with us
- Primary Care
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Crawley Hospital
- £31,696 - £41,787
- 26/04/2018 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
Health Education England working across Kent, Surrey & Sussex
Project Support Lead (Primary Care)
Health Education England is the NHS engine that will deliver a better health and healthcare workforce for England. We are responsible for the transformation of the NHS workforce through education and training.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support HEE KSS and its Primary Care Programme that involves working with key stakeholders to support workforce projects and therefore provide a key contribution to delivering the emerging Sustainable Transformation Partnerships (STP) being implemented across the country.
The role is responsible for supporting the Primary Care Programme to improve the synergy between the evolving service systems, the workforce that needs to deliver them through education, training and skills development and necessary interventions that benefit patients both now and in the future.
This role will also be required to lead on other workstreams outside of primary care using their project management skills to develop consistency across an integrated workforce through cross fertilisation of best practice and methodologies.
Knowledge and experience of working within the NHS, with particular reference to primary care is preferable. Applicants should have also had past experience of working autonomously to support organisational change and developing innovative approaches to challenges.
The successful candidate will cover a range of project based activities that work to;
- Develop agreed core competencies required by a practitioner to be able to be regarded as a safe and competent, as agreed across the community.
- Determine how existing healthcare professional groups should seek to work together to better meet demands and preferences for the future needs of our population.
- Advise on the development and delivery of education and training to ensure the future workforce are fit for practice to work with patients and other team members in delivery of high quality patient services.
HEE KSS Primary Care Programme
HEE KSS set up its Primary Care Programme in 2012 with a view to supporting the workforce required to deliver care outside of the secondary care sector. The Programme covers three main areas;
- Future Workforce – The determination of the workforce and an assessment of any new and extended roles required.
- Workforce transformation – Through determination of the needs of the NHS develop programmes that support new role creation and delivery or extension of roles
- Capacity building – The capacity and capability of primary care to deliver educational interventions both now and in the future, including changes to curriculum, placement capacity and quality.
The role will report to the Senior Programme Manager for the HEE KSS Primary Care Programme as part of a wider Integrated Programme Team.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact Nick Barry-Tait on 01293 227 092 or firstname.lastname@example.org