Work with us
- NHS TCS 2019: Band 8a
- 37.5 hours per week
- Stewart House
- £51,383 per annum (Inclusive of High Cost Area Supplement)
- 24/10/2019 23:59
Health Education England is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role; through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from discrimination. Health Education England supports the values and pledges of the NHS Constitution.
We are committed to being a diverse and an inclusive employer and will build a culture where all employees are valued, respected and acknowledged. We strive to ensure that no individual receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, colour, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status, HIV status, social background, trade union membership or non-membership and is placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
HEE have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to showcase our Disability Confident Employer accreditation, being an Inclusive Employer, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, our bronze award from the Defence Recognition Scheme, and we are delighted to support Apprenticeships and Tommy’s pregnancy at work scheme.
Health Education England is at the core of a £5 billion investment into education and training across the NHS. We’re working to build a modern, user-led, digital training system that works more simply for its users and we’re looking for talented people to help us achieve this goal. The successful candidate will be an experienced Front End Developer with a passion for personal development. They will be joining a multidisciplinary team, contributing their own experience and adding value whilst collaborating with others and potentially mentoring colleagues.
We don’t expect you to know everything. The team is very happy to help with any areas you may have had little exposure to, but we do require a certain level of experience and the right underlying learning attitude. We encourage personal development and encourage our team members grow alongside our digital solutions.
We heavily use the following tools and technologies:
- Angular 6+ for our front-end applications
You should apply if:
- You enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- You have a good working knowledge of software design principles.
- You have the ability to research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- You have an understanding of version control (we use Git).
- You have experience working with web technologies.
- You have strong knowledge in databases, web performance and web security
- You have an understanding of Agile and are able to think in an Agile way
- Flexible working hours. Whether it’s home, remotely, working part-time, working compressed hours. We’ve got people doing it and we’re happy to discuss options with you.
- Training and learning opportunities. Many of our staff attend and run conferences and meetups.
- An NHS Pension.
- Bike loans and season ticket loans.
- Discounts at major high street stores including Nandos, Tossed
- Maternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
Our technology stack includes:
- Angular, Bootstrap, NPM
- CSS, Sass
- Jasmine, Protractor, Gherkin, Selenium
- MySQL, ELK
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven
- Junit, Mockito
- Git, Jenkins, Docker
Applicants will commence at the bottom of Band 8a with a full - time starting salary of £51,383, with pay step increases as details below:
3 years: £53,108
4 years: £55,101
5 years: £57,596
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Simon Meredith: email@example.com