Work with us
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Full-time - 37.5 hours
- £56,665 - £69,168
- 26/10/2017 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
The Head of GMTS is a key leadership role within the NHS Leadership Academy and will have corporate responsibility for leading and managing the successful delivery of the full suite of Graduate Management training for the Academy. The post holder will work with colleagues across the health and care system to ensure that Academy’s Graduate management training scheme is aligned to national strategy and direction as well as responsive to system demands and needs.
As a Head of Service the post holder will play an active part representing the NHS Leadership Academy at both a local and national level in the development and implementation of national policy, systems and actions that relate to all aspects of graduate management training and support collaborative working across different organisations.
The post holder’s role will include but not limited to:
• Be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the brand and reputation of The NHS Leadership Academy with all stakeholders, including arm’s length and professional bodies
• Lead the strategic design of the scheme and responsible for the business planning strategy for the emerging model for GMTS in the NHS including links to apprenticeships
• Understands talent management and work closely with other heads of service to ensure the scheme strategically meets the Academy objectives
• Ensure The Academy provides the right experience for trainees.
• Overview and input into the academic programme with educational knowledge
• Represent the Academy at the highest level working with professional bodies nationally
• Experience and an understanding of fast track learners and the graduate market.
• Budgetary responsibility for up to £11m per annum
Senior staff in the Academy have varied portfolios with specific outcomes but collectively work together to a common agenda in order to meet the core purpose of the Academy and deliver on the Academy objectives.
The post holder will be required to undertake regular travel frequent travel to national meetings throughout the UK. The Team is based in Leeds and London.
Please note interviews will now be held on 21st November 2017
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).