Work with us
- NHS AfC: Band 8d
- £67,247 - £83,258
- 26/10/2017 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
The Head of National Programme Delivery is a key leadership role within the NHS Leadership Academy and will have corporate responsibility for leading and managing the successful delivery of the full suite of national programmatic interventions delivered by the Academy. The postholder will work with colleagues across the health and care system to ensure that Academy’s programmatic work is aligned to national strategy and direction as well as responsive to system demands and needs.
Main aspects of this role include, but not limited to:
• Leading the operational delivery of a wide range of leadership development Programmes, including first time to senior system leader development, bespoke programmatic interventions, positive action programmes and e-learning resources.
• Strategically align programmatic outcomes across the system, including ALBs, HEE and other external stakeholders. This will include the regular review and refresh of the design and delivery of existing programmes, the development of new interventions and the realignment of programmes where appropriate
• Ownership of the National Programme Team’s annual business plan and deliverables, progress and dashboard reporting and risk and issue management
• Influencing various forums and groups nationally and internationally to ensure that the Academy receives relevant, timely and up to date information to influence the development and improvement of future leadership development
• Provide a high level of expertise and broad knowledge on leadership development programmatic interventions
• Deputise for line manager and Director at internal and external meetings relating to lead projects and workstreams as required and as appropriate to experience.
• Support the Academy’s partnership with a wide range of senior stakeholders, including DH and ALBs on matters of policy and workforce transformation pertaining to leadership.
• Effectively manage a large team of delivery staff, as well as work across the matrix of Academy and HEE teams and their aligned programmes of work.
• Managing significant budgets (currently circa £15m) to support delivery of national programmes.
• Managing a team of circa 20+ staff
Please note interviews will now be held on 21st November 2017
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).