Work with us
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Secondment / Fixed Term until 31 December 2018
- 22.5 to 37.5 hours per week
- Stewart House
- Stewart House, London
- £22,128 - £28,746 per annum
- 25/02/2018 23:59
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMPLETION OF REFERENCE SECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
All references from current and previous employers, will be sought and must cover a minimum of 3 years employment. Therefore, when completing the reference section of your application form, please give the address, telephone number and work email address of each of your current/previous line managers that cover 3 years employment. Failure to complete this section may result in your application not being processed.
An opportunity has arisen for a Secondment or Fixed Term Contract to 31 December 2018 to the role of Project Support Officer Topol Review. This role is exciting and fast-paced to support a busy and friendly team dispersed across several HEE offices. The role also requires interfacing with senior stakeholders and working to tight deadlines. The nature of the role requires an individual with high levels of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality always.
You will help with planning and coordinating Board/panel meetings, agendas and papers, deputising to take minutes on occasions and perform other general administrative duties. Your role will also include booking rooms and managing events
Please note that Secondment opportunities will be considered, and prior approval should be gained before applying.
The recent document “Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future” – a draft health and care workforce strategy for England, announced the Secretary of State’s intent to commission a major independent review, to be led by Professor Eric Topol, to review the “game changing pace of development in relevant technologies such as genomics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, digitisation and data analytics, bio-nanotechnologies and robotics, and how NHS staff might make the most of these opportunities to improve services.
The review will provide independent advice to the Secretary of State for Health on:
- how technological and other developments (including in genomics, pharmaceutical advances, artificial intelligence, digital and robotics) are likely to change the roles and functions of clinical staff in all professions over the next two decades to ensure safer, more productive, more effective and more personal care for patients;
- what the implications of these changes are for the skills required by the professionals filling these roles, identifying professions or sub-specialisms where these may be particularly significant;
- the consequences for the selection, education, training, development and life-long learning of current and future clinical staff.
The review will provide interim conclusions to the Secretary of State by June 2018 and a final report by the end of 2018.
HEE has been asked to lead this work under the direction of Patrick Mitchell Regional Director, South of England.
Those interested in applying must have
- sought their line managers permission to be released for this work (some backfill monies may be available)
- be able to start, albeit part time in the first instance, by MID March 2018
- be working at the grade stated
Applications must be submitted by the closing date (25th February). Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend interview week commencing (5th March)
Applicants should be aware that the base for this secondment is HEE office, Stewart House, London but the post holder will also be expected to attend meetings in other locations (principally in central London) from time to time.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information please contact (Henrietta Mbeah-Bankasemail@example.com)
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01823 361149